2013-2018 Dodge RAM 2500/3500 4wd Dual Steering Stabilizer Mount - McGaughys 54328
This McGaughys 54328 steering stabilizer for your 2013-2018 RAM 2500/3500 4wd does not include steering stabilizers. You can simply click the add on button to have it include Mcgaughys Shocks, FOX 2.0 Performance Non Reservoir shocks, or FOX 2.0 Remote Reservoir Shocks.
THESE ARE RAW AND WILL HAVE SURFACE RUST... THAT'S JUST HOW MCGAUGHYS ROLLS!
This McGaughys Steering Stabilizer Kit Includes-
- Laser Cut Fabricated Axle Mount Bracket
- Clamp On Tie Rod Brackets
- Shocks Are Optional
- Comes RAW (No Powder Coating Available)
- 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 Dodge RAM 3500 & 3500 Dually
- 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 Dodge RAM 2500
- WILL NOT FIT POWER WAGON MODELS
McGaughys Part # 54328
- Park vehicle on clean flat and level surface, block rear wheels for safety. Center the steering wheel so both wheels are facing straight ahead.
- Remove the factory steering stabilizer. Remove the factory mounting brackets that attach to the tie rod and the axle. Retain all hardware.
- Install the passenger’s side stabilizer mount to the tie rod with the factory hardware. The offset will go down. Tighten bolts to 60 ft-lbs.
- Install new center bracket with factory bolts at the bottom side, install new bolts into the top mount. Attach rear axle tube bracket with hardware. Tighten to 60ftlbs
- Remove the tie rod adjusting bolts and run them from front to back for stabilizer clearance.
- Install the driver’s side stabilizer bracket to the top side of the tie rod end. Measure the distance between centers of the stabilizer mounts and set the same as the passenger’s side. Tighten u-bolt hardware to 30 ft-lbs. Do not over torque, or the bracket may become deformed.
- Grease and install bushings with sleeves into the steering stabilizers
- Attach the steering stabilizer’s to the mounts with hardware. For 4-6” of lift height mount the steering stabilizers to the BOTTOM side of the mounts, 8” kits can be mounted to the top side as shown in the figure. The center bracket is wide and will mount on the opposite side of the center bracket. Tighten hardware to 50 ft-lbs. The rod end of the stabilizer will go in the center bracket.
- Cycle the steering and check for adequate stroke of the steering stabilizer. Check hardware for proper torque, recheck again after 500 miles.
TROUBLESHOOTING INFORMATION FOR YOUR VEHICLE
- This kit is designed to be used with 4” and larger lift height.
- Optional Fox 2.0 stabilizer cylinders may come with a schrader valve on the body. While this makes it possible to adjust the air pressure in the cylinder, we highly recommend leaving them set at the preset pressure. These cylinders are properly charged with nitrogen when built and should never require additional charge or adjustment. Excessive pressure can damage the cylinder and/or adversely affect performance.